Friday, October 31, 2008

and...they're off

nanowrimo begins officially at midnight tonight. i'm psyched. and a little scared. the thought of writing 1700 words per day for 30 days straight makes me a little nauseous. i'm sure i'll be fine. i hope. (someone please pass the brioschi. thanks.)

i've decided to toss my previous idea and simply write, sort of stream of consciousness...but then again, maybe not. i've got a title and the first few sentences in mind and nothing beyond that. i want to see where it takes me. perhaps nowhere -- but the joy's in the journey, right?

i plan to write in the mornings, before the distractions of the day (such as watercolors and oils classes -- and work) interrupt me. i figure i'll be writing approximately a chapter every two days. it's exciting albeit daunting.

look for my first entry tomorrow sometime and feel free to post your thoughts. i'd love to have your feedback.

Digg! StumbleUpon